The Legal, Non-Prescription Alternative for Fast Topical Relief
The single most-requested product in 2018-2019 from our community was a topical version of our CB2™ Wellness terpene blend, and so we present our luxurious CB2™ Salve.
Each tin contains a full 2 mL of our multi-award-winning, physician-formulated CB2 terpene blend in a base of organic shea butter, with sweet peppermint essential oil that smells delicious!
Activating the CB2 Receptor
CB2 is one of the two main receptors of the ECS. There are numerous benefits to activating this receptor without activating the CB1 receptor (the receptor THC activates, and what is responsible for the "high" associated with cannabis). The following is a small list of studies illustrating the benefits of CB2 activation.
Pain & Inflammation:
- The CB2 receptor and its role as a regulator of inflammation (Cell Mol Life Sci. 2016; 73(23): 4449-70.)
- Targeting CB2 receptors and the endocannabinoid system for the treatment of pain (Brain Res Rev. 2009 Apr; 60(1): 255-266.)
- Cannabinoid CB2 receptors: a therapeutic target for the treatment of inflammatory and neuropathic pain (Br J Pharmacol. 2008 Jan; 153(2): 319–334.)
- The central cannabinoid receptor type-2 (CB2) and chronic pain. (Int J Neurosci. 2017 Sep;127(9):812-823.)
- Cannabinoid CB2 receptors regulate central sensitization and pain responses associated with osteoarthritis of the knee joint (PLoS One. 2013; 8(11): e80440.)
- Expression of cannabinoid receptors in human osteoarthritic cartilage: Implications for future therapies (Cannabis Cannabinoid Res. 2016 Jan 1;1(1):3-15)
- CB2 as a potential therapeutic target in rheumatoid arthritis (Musculoskeletal Disorders. 2014; 15: 275.)
- CB2 and its inhibitory effects on synovial fibroblasts in rheumatoid arthritis (Rheumatology. 2014; 53(5): 802-809.)
- Role of CB2 in mediating inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts. (Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2019 Nov-Dec;37(6):1026-1035.)
- Activation of CB2 receptors as a potential therapeutic target for migraine: evaluation in an animal model (J Headache Pain. 2014; 15(1): 14.)
- CB2 exerts antifibrotic effects in experimental dermal fibrosis. (Arthritis Rheum. 2009 Apr;60(4):1129-36.)
Organic shea butter, Cannanda CB2™ terpene blend (100% natural terpenes from botanical essential oils), organic peppermint essential oil, organic carnauba wax.
Contains NO: animal by-products, wheat/gluten, dairy/lactose, peanuts, eggs, fish, shellfish, soy, corn, sugar, GMO, artificial flavours or colours.
Massage into skin as needed for local relief. Repeat as needed up to 3 or 4 times throughout the day. For external use only. Keep away from mucous membranes. For higher potency, add drops of CB2™ Wellness terpene blend to as you massage the salve into you skin.